Joshua A. Mullen is a shareholder in the Nashville office of Baker Donelson and is a member of the Advocacy Department. Mr. Mullen focuses his practice on government contracts, commercial and business litigation, representing insurance companies in coverage disputes, and health care liability defense.
Prior to joining Baker Donelson, Mr. Mullen served as a legislative assistant in Washington, D.C., to a United States Congressman, where he primarily advised on issues related to health care and energy policy. Mr. Mullen also worked as an information systems and business process consultant for a multinational business consulting, accounting and auditing firm.
Mr. Mullen’s diverse experiences in business consulting, policy and government, and litigation provides him with a broad skillset and a unique ability to understand and meet clients’ diverse business and legal needs.
- University of Tennessee College of Law, J.D., Order of the Coif
- Taylor University, B.S., Business Information Systems, cum laude
- District of Columbia
- Eastern District of Arkansas
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of Tennessee
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit
- Represented clients in multiple bid protests before the Government Accountability Office (GAO), multiple state procurement departments, municipal governments, and in court.
- Advised government contract clients in connection with business structure and formation issues related to Small Business Administration (SBA) size regulations, the Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Program, and contract novations.
- Briefed and argued multiple motions to compel arbitration and managed discovery related to multiple pre-arbitration disputes related to the enforceability of arbitration agreements.
- Handled several insurance coverage disputes involving claims of bad faith, violations of the Tennessee Consumer Protection Act and breach of contract.
- Briefed and argued multiple motions to dismiss addressing the medical malpractice/ordinary negligence distinction in Tennessee.
- Advised government contract clients in the technology services area regarding negotiations of subcontracts, the Federal Acquisition Regulations and similar state and local regulations, and general advice regarding compliance issues.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Selected as a member of the inaugural class of the Nashville Bar Foundation Leadership Forum (2014 – 2015)
- Member – Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Member – Williamson County Bar Association
- Member – Federalist Society
- Member – Republican National Lawyers Association
Rate : $$$