Joshua S. Paster helps clients navigate complex commercial disputes. He defends clients in class actions, contract disputes, labor and employment disputes, business torts, insurance disputes and securities litigation.
After joining the firm in 2008, Josh accepted an opportunity to clerk in the federal courts and spent two years serving as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Cecilia M. Altonaga of the US District Court for the Southern District of Florida from 2010–2011, and as a judicial clerk for the Honorable Thomas C. Platt of the US District Court for the Eastern District of New York from 2009–2010. He also served as pro bono counsel to the Honorable Joanna Seybert of the US District Court for the Eastern District of New York.
Josh’s pro bono work includes serving as a mediation advocate for the EDNY Mediation Advocacy Program, which provides pro bono limited scope counsel to pro se parties in employment discrimination mediations.
Josh is admitted to practice before the US Courts of Appeals for the Second and Third Circuits, and the US District Courts for the Northern, Southern, Eastern and Western Districts of New York, and the District of New Jersey.
- Represented a public company in class action relating to allegations of false advertising.
- Represented an insurer in class action relating to alleged violations of the Telephone Consumer Protection Act.
- Represented an insurer in coverage disputes over the duty to reimburse public entities for costs incurred in defending against allegations of civil rights violations.
- Represented a public company in lawsuit alleging employment discrimination and harassment.
- Represented a major mortgage loan servicing company in breach of contract litigation.
- Represented a public company in response to New York Attorney General’s investigation of its daily fantasy sports offerings.
- Represented a fund in connection with a class action filed on behalf of customers seeking recovery related to Madoff’s Ponzi scheme.
- Successfully resolved breach of contract and professional malpractice dispute relating to the construction of two state of the art vessels.
- Successfully resolved insurance dispute over the duty to defend a public entity’s tort liabilities and resulting $32 million dollar jury verdict.
- JD, University of Miami School of Law, summa cum laude, Order of the Coif, Projects Editor for the University Of Miami Law Review, Dean’s Fellow, 2008
- AB, Biology, Brown University, 2003
- New York
- New Jersey
- US District Court, Southern District of Florida
- US District Court, Eastern District of New York
Rate : $$$$