Joshua M. Pellant helps clients with all of their real estate and construction needs. Josh assists clients during the initial stages of transactions, through commercial lease negotiations and drafting and negotiating all types of construction contracts.
When disputes emerge, he helps clients resolve them, through negotiating settlements and during mediation, arbitration and litigation. With experience representing and advising clients during the initial stages of a transaction and resolving disputes when necessary, Josh brings a dynamic perspective that provides significant value to real estate and construction clients.
Josh helps clients negotiate and complete transactions and resolve disputes related to various real estate matters. He has represented national retailers, convenience stores, landowners and homeowners associations, among other clients. His expertise includes :
- Lease negotiations.
- Disputes related to leases, easements, zoning and entitlements, and other land use issues, both with adjacent property owners and governmental entities.
- HOA disputes, including those arising under the Colorado Common Interest Ownership Act.
- Matters pertaining to special districts.
Josh represents private owners and condemning entities in eminent domain proceedings in Colorado and around the country. He assists property owners facing condemnation and represents utility and energy companies in acquiring necessary property interests, often through acquiring right-of-way corridors. He has represented clients in various industries, including a national truck fleet leasing company, an international agriculture company, and a number of utility and energy companies.
Josh partners with clients to complete construction projects efficiently and to mitigate risk and resolve disputes that emerge during the process. His expertise includes :
- Drafting and negotiating master agreements for general contractors and architects.
- Advising on day-to-day issues that arise in connection with the build out of new spaces and alterations of existing spaces.
- Drafting and negotiating construction agreements, for both contractors and subcontractors.
- University of Idaho College of Law, J.D. magna cum laude, University of Idaho Law Review (symposium managing editor) (2009)
- University of Idaho, B.S. in Marketing, cum laude (2006)
Bar Admissions : Colorado
Court Admissions : U.S. District Court for the District of Colorado
Professional Associations :
- Colorado Bar Association — Real Estate Section
- Denver Bar Association
Civic Activities : YMCA of Metropolitan Denver — Board of Advisors, 2015-Present
Rate : $$$