Joshua B. Picker is a litigation associate in the firm’s New York office. His practice focuses on international arbitration, white collar defense and investigations, and federal civil litigation. He joined the firm after serving as a law clerk to the Honorable Katherine B. Forrest of the United States District Court for the Southern District of New York.
As a research associate at the Center for American Progress from 2007-2009, he advised Senior Fellow Gene Sperling on economic, trade, and globalization policy matters and appeared as a commentator on a range of national and international media outlets.
- Columbia Law School, J.D., 2012
- Yale University, B.A., 2004
Judicial Clerkship : Hon. Katherine B. Forrest, U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York, 2012 – 2013
Bar Admissions :
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of Michigan
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
Representative Matters :
- Successful representation of investors in the Yukos Oil Company in an SCC arbitration against the Russian Federation arising from the expropriation of the company.
- Representing FX traders in the global investigations of possible manipulation of foreign currency exchange markets.
- Representing a pharmaceutical company in federal and state investigations of marketing and promotional practices related to various prescription drugs.
- On behalf of Fortune 500 multinational, successfully obtained dismissal on grounds of forum non conveniens of federal court action by multinational’s foreign distributor alleging wrongful termination of its distribution contract.
- Representing a major record company in contractual disputes with artists over royalties on new forms of music distribution.
Memberships and Affiliations : American Bar Association, International Section
Previous Experience :
- Economic Policy Research Associate to Gene B. Sperling, Center for American Progress (2007-09)
- Research Associate, Hillary Clinton for U.S. Senate (2005-06)
- Staff Assistant, Office of Sen. Hillary Rodham Clinton (2004-05)
Rate : $$$$