Joshua Turner is an associate in the Investment Management Practice Group of Haynes and Boone. His practice focuses on corporate and securities matters, with a concentration on the formation, organization, and operation of private investment funds and registered and unregistered investment advisers.
His experience also includes assisting publicly traded and privately held companies with respect to a variety of capital raising transactions and general corporate matters, including public and private securities offerings, regulatory compliance and reporting, corporate planning and restructuring, and ongoing corporate governance concerns.
Josh’s representations and transaction experience include:
- Representing fund sponsors in the formation, structuring and operation of hedge funds, private equity funds, commodity pools, other private investment funds, and the management-level entities of such private investment funds.
- Advising and representing fund managers and other clients in connection with various compliance issues, including compliance with federal and state laws applicable to investment funds, commodity pools and registered and unregistered investment advisers and other securities laws.
- Representing private equity firms in structuring, negotiating and documenting portfolio company acquisitions.
- Representing institutional investors in their investments and co-investments into hedge funds, private equity funds and various other private investment funds and investment products.
- J.D., Duke University School of Law, 2015
- B.A., Vanderbilt University, 2012, cum laude
- Judicial Intern to the Honorable Thomas A. Varlan, U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee, May-August 2013
ADMISSIONS : New York; Texas
Rate : $$$