Joshua R. Venne focuses on federal income tax issues related to real estate investment trusts (REITs) and structured finance and securitization. Josh represents REMICs, REITs, and issuers and underwriters in various aspects of income tax structuring of structured finance and securitization.
Before joining the firm, Josh was a tax associate at a financial services firm in McLean, Virginia.
- Representation of issuers and underwriters concerning tax issues in private and public mortgage-backed security, REMIC, and debt offerings, including representation of US government agencies in mortgage loan securitization transactions.
- Representation of issuers and underwriters in connection with public and private equity offerings by REITs.
- Tax structuring and evaluation of various securitization, resecuritization, debt, and grantor trust transactions, particularly in connection with real estate assets, and representation of parties to such transactions.
- Representation of US companies in connection with state sales and use tax liabilities.
- LLM, Georgetown University Law Center, 2015
- JD, The George Washington University Law School, 2014
- BS, SUNY Plattsburgh, 2011
- New York
- Member, Virginia Bar Association
- Member, New York Bar Association
Rate : $$$