Josiah A. Bancroft assists clients in planning, structuring, negotiating, and consummating a wide range of acquisition, development, financing and leasing transactions. In such capacity he has worked extensively with developers, capital funds and retailers in the development, leasing, and disposition of shopping centers, multi-family properties, office buildings, mixed-use development projects, and outparcels.
He has also been responsible for the formation of corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies and other entities for the purposes of owning, developing, and managing various real estate activities.
Additionally, Josiah advises national banking clients in the management and disposition of distressed assets and foreclosed properties, including compliance with recent state and federal legislation.
He also has significant experience in representing national restaurant chains in the acquisition, ground leasing and ownership of new store locations, as well as sale-leaseback and leasehold financing transactions. Prior to practicing law, Josiah served in an infantry battalion in the U.S. Marine Corps Reserve, deploying to Iraq in 2003.
- Representation of national shopping center developers in the lease up of numerous lifestyle and power shopping center developments across more than 20 states.
- Representation of private equity group in acquisition of both national restaurant chains and franchisees.
- Representation of national and regional multi-family developers in acquisition, development, sale, and joint-venture agreements for new and existing apartment communities.
- Representation of a national manufacturer in lease of new regional headquarters.
- Representation of a developer in multiparty transaction for acquisition of land for timber production and residential development.
- Emory University School of Law, JD, 2004
- Grove City College, BA, 2000
Admissions : Georgia
- Member, State Bar of Georgia
- Member, International Council of Shopping Centers (ICSC)
- 2011 National NAIOP Future Leader; Government Affairs Committee, Georgia Chapter; National Subcommittee on State and Local Government Affairs, National Association of Industrial and Office Properties (NAIOP)
- Vice Chairman, Marine Corps Association of Georgia Lawyers (MCAGL)
Rate : $$$