Joy Boyd Longnecker is a shareholder in the Firm’s Nashville office and concentrates her practice on government enforcement, internal investigations and commercial litigation. As a former prosecutor, Joy is often called upon to advise and defend clients in matters involving potential criminal and/or civil liability.
She has significant first and second chair trial experience; to date, she has successfully tried more than 40 cases. She currently serves as the co-chair for the Tennessee/Alabama Chapter of the Women’s White Collar Defense Association.
Joy is fortunate to have a diverse client base. She is an active member of the Firm’s Government Enforcement and Investigations Group and frequently conducts internal investigations for corporate clients, including long term care companies and other health care providers.
Joy frequently assists clients with government subpoena responses and matters arising under the False Claims Act. She also regularly defends timeshare companies, franchisors, hotel chains, emerging companies, and other businesses in contract and other commercial disputes.
- University of Alabama School of Law, J.D., 2005, cum laude
- Jacksonville State University, B.A., 2002, summa cum laude
- Alabama, 2005
- Tennessee, 2010
- Defending entertainment venue in action stemming from alleged sexual assault of an employee of client’s subcontractor by a fellow employee and directed pre-suit investigation into incident.
- Defending correctional institution in state court action filed by former inmate over alleged physical assault by fellow inmate.
- Ongoing representation of international timeshare company in lawsuits filed by timeshare owners in Tennessee.
- Coordinated and assisted in defense of bank branch manager accused of bank fraud, which resulted in declination to prosecute by U.S. Attorney’s office.
- Obtained a bench verdict in favor of a regional bank against allegations of fraud, TCPA violations and emotional distress.
- Obtained summary judgment in state court action and dismissal of all claims asserted by timeshare owner against national timeshare company.
Professional Honors & Activities:
- Co-chair – Tennessee/Alabama Chapter, Women’s White Collar Defense Association
- Member – Nashville, Tennessee and American Bar Associations
- Big Sister – Big Brothers Big Sisters of Middle Tennessee
- Class 60 – Nashville Young Leaders Council
Rate : $$$