With extensive experience at the national and regional levels, Joyce Kuhns brings her in-depth knowledge in delivering creative solutions to help transform financial challenges to successful outcomes. Whether representing businesses as debtors or creditors, creditors’ committees or equity committees, or as an advisor to trustees or regulators.
Joyce’s understanding of the complexities of financial and business structures and her experience with out-of-court resolutions as well as litigation at the trial through appellate levels enables her to provide critical strategic advice from the boardroom to the courtroom to a broad spectrum of clients at every stage of the business cycle including directors and officers of companies in crisis.
A pragmatic problem-solver, Joyce uses her cross-disciplinary legal skills to meet the daily business needs of her clients and to help reshape their future.
Joyce is frequently invited to lecture before national and international trade groups on restructuring and commercial law issues and has published in regional and national publications on these issues. She has testified before Congress on key legislation in the restructuring industry.
Education & Admissions:
- J.D., The College of William and Mary School of Law, 1983
- B.A., Smith College, 19793
- American Bankruptcy Institute (“ABI”), member, and ABI Mid-Atlantic Bankruptcy Conference Advisory Board, Former Member
- Greater Maryland Network of the International Women’s Insolvency & Restructuring Confederation (“IWIRC”) Board member, 2012 to present; Past Co-Chair, 2012 – 2014
- Turnaround Management Association (TMA) and Chesapeake Chapter, Member
- American Bar Association, Business and Business Bankruptcy Sections Member
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Legal Advisory Council member, and Bankruptcy Task Force, Member, 1997 to present
- Maryland Bankruptcy Bar Association Member
Rate : $$$$