Joyce Gresko is an attorney in Alston & Bird’s Washington, D.C. office, where she is a member of the Health Care Group and Legislative & Public Policy Team. She focuses her practice on health care regulatory, legislative, and compliance matters.
Her clients include clinical laboratories, medical device manufacturers, durable medical equipment suppliers, hospitals, health care professional associations, and other health care entities.
She daily assists clients to understand and resolve issues relating to Medicare and Medicaid payment and coding, federal and state fraud and abuse laws, effective compliance programs, and health care quality.
Joyce draws on her experience of more than a decade as a public policy advocate and campaign professional. She worked for Democratic candidates campaigning for President, governor, U.S. Senate, and U.S. House.
She also held leadership positions in advocacy organizations including the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF). She is a board member of the College Diabetes Network and volunteers with the JDRF Greater Chesapeake and Potomac Chapter. She was selected by Super Lawyers to the 2014 Washington, D.C. Rising Stars list.
- District of Columbia
- Georgetown University (J.D., 2008)
- University of Michigan (B.A., 1992)
- District of Columbia Bar
- Maryland State Bar Association
- College Diabetes Network
- JDRF Greater Chesapeake and Potomac Chapter
- Serves as counsel to a national clinical laboratory association, advising it on a wide variety of coding, reimbursement, program integrity, CLIA-compliance, and public policy issues.
- Counsels laboratories and medical device manufacturers on emerging molecular pathology coding and payment issues and on regulatory issues that arise during product development.
- Represents a wide variety of Medicare and Medicaid providers before Congress, the Department of Health and Human Services, Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS), and Medicare contractors.
- Assists health care providers in complying with the Anti-Kickback Statute, Stark Law, Civil Monetary Penalties Law, and other federal and state health care fraud, waste, and abuse laws.
Rate : $$$$