Juan Pablo Moreno is a Banking & Finance and Capital Markets associate in the Leveraged Finance, Project Finance and Latin America & Caribbean groups. Juan Pablo represents lenders in various deal roles in the preparation and negotiation of complex financial documents.
He also has extensive experience in capital markets, particularly in transactions involving Latin American issuers of securities under Regulation S and Rule 144A. Juan Pablo has a unique background in having been admitted to practice both in the US (Illinois) and Colombia and having practiced as a lawyer in France, Colombia and the US in a variety of financial and capital markets matters.
He is recognized as an Expert in Banking & Finance based in the US for Colombian law by Chambers & Partners Global (2014). Juan Pablo joined Mayer Brown in 2010. Prior to joining Mayer Brown, Juan Pablo worked for Shearman & Sterling LLP, the Inter-American Development Bank and Brigard & Urrutia Abogados in Colombia.
He is a member of the Associate Diversity Committee and the Recruiting Committee at Mayer Brown. He is fluent in Spanish and French.
- University of Illinois College of Law, JD, cum laude
- Georgetown University Law Center, LLM
- Lund University
- University de los Andes Law School
- New York
- Republic of Colombia
- Represented Bradesco BBI, Citigroup, Morgan Stanley, BB Investimentos and Nomura in connection with an initial public offering of Banco Inter S.A.
- Represented Sanepar, a Brazilian water sanitation company, in a US$300 million follow-on offering of 18,846,177 units (comprised of common and preferred shares) million from an initial public offering listed. Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated and Itau BBA USA Securities, Inc. acted as international placement agents.
- Represented Multibank Inc. a Panamanian bank in connection with a US$300 million notes offering pursuant to Rule 144A/Regulation S.
- Represented Global Bank Corporation, a Panamanian bank in connection with a US$150 million Rule 144A/Regulation S re-tap of its US$400 million 5.125% notes.
- Represented Banco Davivienda (Costa Rica) S.A. in the creation of, and $150,000,000 first funding under, a Dollar-denominated diversified payment rights program. The issuance included one series of five year notes and one series of seven year notes. BNP Paribas Securities Corp. acted as placement agent.
- Represented Nomura Securities Inc., and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Incorporated in connection with a US$225 million Rule 144A/Regulation S issuance of securities of Puerta del Sol S.A., the concessionary of the Carrasco Airport in Montevideo, Uruguay.
- Represented Global Bank Corporation, a Panamanian bank in connection with a Rule 144A/Regulation S offering of its US$400 million 5.125% notes.
- Represented Global Bank Corporation, a Panamanian bank in connection with a US$100 million Rule 144A/Regulation S tap offering of under its US$500 million residential mortgage covered bond program guaranteed by a pool of assets transferred to a guaranty trust.
Rate : $$$