Juan Redín advises clients as bond, issuer’s, bank, and disclosure counsel in various public finance transactions. He has experience in numerous tax-exempt bond transactions including traditional general obligation bonds, conduit 501(c)(3) financings, revenue bonds, tax and revenue anticipation notes, and certificates of participation.
Juan has assisted as special counsel to domestic and foreign banks providing liquidity and credit support for municipal and nonprofit financings. He also has substantial experience with 501(c)(3) organizations, including their formation and the exempt application process with the Internal Revenue Service.
During law school, Juan served as Attorney General of the National Latino/a Law Student Association and completed a judicial externship with the Honorable Fernando Olguin at the U.S. District Court for the Central District of California.
Representative Experience :
- As bank counsel to domestic banks in connection with substitution of credit and liquidity facility
- As special counsel to a county transportation agency in connection with securing a Transportation Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (TIFIA) loan
- As bond and disclosure counsel to nonprofit organizations in connection with tax-exempt financings for large office complexes
- As bond and disclosure counsel to a city in connection with the issuance of Build America Bonds and lease revenue tax-exempt bonds
- As bond and disclosure counsel to a school district in connection with the issuance of general obligation bonds
- As special counsel to a nonprofit corporation in connection with tax-exempt application
Professional Affiliations :
- Member, National Association of Bond Lawyers
- Member, American Bar Association
- Member, Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Member, State Bar of California
- J.D., University of California, Los Angeles School of Law, 2007
- B.A., Political Science, magna cum laude, University of California, Los Angeles, 2003
Admissions : California
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of California
Rate : $$$$