Judith S. Sherwin is a partner in the Chicago office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Healthcare Practice. She is also a member of the Leading Lawyers Network in the category of Healthcare.
- John Marshall Law School, Juris Doctor, 1978
- University of Chicago Divinity School, Master of Arts in Religious Studies, 2011
- University of Chicago, Master of Liberal Arts, 2005
- Roosevelt University, Chicago, IL, Bachelor of Arts in Political Science and Psychology, 1972
- State Bar Admissions, Illinois
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Supreme Court
- United States District Courts, United States District Court for the Central District of Illinois
- Chicago Bar Association
- Decalogue Society of Lawyers
- American Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Council for Jewish Elderly, Member of the Board of Directors, 2007
- Adjunct professor in Political Science; Oakton Community College, 1986–1990
Legal Experience :
- Contract review for Stark and Anti-Kickback issues as well as drafting and monitoring of corporate health care compliance plans relating to corporate governance of health care organizations.
- Served as lead counsel in preparation and implementation of compliance plan for fifty facilities and five state long-term care organizations.
- Served as lead counsel for securitization on receivable financing of $40 million for 15-facility nursing home chain.
- Lead counsel on acquisition and formation of operating entities for long term care facilities in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri and Indiana
- Defense of providers (physicians, nursing homes, hospice, home health agencies) in regulatory matters including potential termination of provider agreements
- Corporate formation, operational set-up and licensure of hospice and home health agencies in Illinois, Wisconsin, Missouri, Iowa and Indiana
Rate : $$$$