Julia Dempewolf advises financial institutions and technology companies regarding payments-related regulatory and transactional matters. Julia is experienced in working with clients on approaches to comply with requirements of federal and state laws concerning, among other things, electronic fund transfers, extension of credit to members of the military, interchange, money services businesses, and privacy.
More generally, Julia has worked with financial institutions and FinTech companies to develop or strengthen compliance management systems for federal consumer financial laws. She also has experience assisting financial institutions and FinTech companies in evaluating potential partnerships and developing new financial products or services.
Julia co-chairs FinTech Women, a community that gathers women in the financial services and financial technology industries to navigate the challenging issues unique to the FinTech space.
- Associate, Alston & Bird LLP, Atlanta, 2013-2016
Professional & Community Activities:
- Hispanic Bar Association of the District of Columbia
- J.D., Emory University School of Law, 2013
- Articles Editor, Emory Law Journal
- Dean’s Award, Administrative Law
- A.B., Dartmouth College, 2007
Rate : $$$