Julia Geykhman is a special counsel in the Real Estate, Land Use and Environmental Practice Group in the firm’s New York office. Julia represents a diverse set of clients, including property developers, equity investors, operators, purchasers, sellers, lenders, and borrowers in all aspects of transactional commercial real estate and real estate finance.
Julia’s practice includes mortgage financings, mezzanine financings, construction financings, subordinated debt structures, preferred equity participations, and capital markets issuances representing both lenders and borrowers, acquisitions and dispositions of real estate assets, debt secured by real estate assets, real estate holding companies and real estate investment fund interests, commercial leasing, joint ventures, real estate fund formation and fund-raising, and restructurings and workouts related to all types of real estate assets throughout the United States and abroad.
- J.D., New York Law School, 2006, magna cum laude, New York Law School Law Review
- B.S., Boston University School of Management, 2003, cum laude
- New York
- New Jersey
- Represented commercial banks, private equity funds, insurance companies, and other financial institutions in the origination of a number of mortgage and mezzanine loans secured by hotel, office, commercial, and residential real estate assets throughout the United States.
- Represented a joint venture of large real estate private equity funds and developers in the formation of the joint venture and the acquisition and construction financing for a premier residential development in Tribeca, New York City.
- Represented one of the largest owners and managers of commercial real estate in the United States in the refinancing of a prominent Class A office building in New York City in a single-asset securitized financing with loan proceeds in excess of $900 million.
- Represented a leading international financial institution in the formation of a joint venture with other U.S. and international real estate private equity funds and developers and the joint venture’s acquisition of a portfolio of multi-family residential complexes across the United States for a purchase price of $1.5 billion.
- Represented one of the largest casual dining restaurant companies in the United States in a single-issuer securitized financing backed by a nonrecourse mortgage loan secured by cross-collateralized and cross-defaulted first-lien mortgages on 261 fee-owned properties throughout the United States and the simultaneous consummation of two levels of mezzanine debt financing for an aggregate debt in excess of $500 million.
- Represented a leading investment advisory and asset management company in the purchase of a portfolio of real estate investment funds in Asia, North America, and Europe.
- New York State Bar Association
- American Bar Association
Rate : $$$