Julia Lane Mooney is counsel in the Real Estate Practice Group. She joined the firm in 2014. Julia focuses on commercial real estate law, concentrating her practice in the acquisition, disposition, development, and leasing of retail, office, and industrial property.
She assists clients in resolving legal issues and drafting and negotiating leases, loan documents, joint venture agreements, and purchase and sale agreements.
She has experience representing lenders, investors, developers, landlords, and tenants in connection with all aspects of real estate, including acquisition, development, construction, and financing matters.
Prior to joining the firm, Julia served as in-house counsel to a retail developer in Chicago and was an associate for a large law firm in the District of Columbia.
- Representation of an owner in a $170 million refinance of a class-A office business in Washington, DC
- Representation of an owner-landlord in leasing of high-end retail space in downtown Washington, DC
- Representation of family-owned developer client in acquisition of several retail and industrial projects in Maryland
- Representation of a local restaurant client in leasing locations throughout the mid-Atlantic region.
- J.D. Loyola University Chicago School of Law 2007
- B.A. Boston College 2003
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Illinois
Professional Memberships : DC Real Estate Group
Rate : $$$