Julia A. Molander represents the insurance industry in virtually all aspects of their business, including insurance coverage litigation, insurance counseling, extracontractual (bad faith) liability, insurance fraud, underwriting matters, policy drafting, regulatory compliance, brokerage and agency liability, insurance insolvency and legislative issues. She has served as first-chair in more than 20 bench trials, jury trials and arbitrations.
Julia has more than 30 years experience in strategically managing insurance risk, on an enterprise-wide basis (state, regional and national), in areas such as construction defects, class actions, cyber risks, trucking and cumulative trauma. Julia was elected a fellow of the American College of Coverage and Extracontractual Counsel in 2014 and the Insurance Litigation Institute of America, where she currently serves as chair.
Julia has lectured at major professional conferences sponsored by the American Bar Association, Association of Defense Counsel, Defense Research Institute, Association of California Insurance Companies, the California Continuing Education of the Bar, the American Conference Institute, the Property Law Research Bureau, the Insurance Risk Management Institute and the Practising Law Institute.
She is a contributing editor the CEB publication California Liability Insurance Practice: Claims and Litigation. She has published numerous articles and scholarly discussions on a variety of insurance topics. Julia earned her Bachelor of Science with distinction from Northwestern University in 1974 and her J.D. from Stanford Law School in 1978.
- Stanford University Law School, J.D., 1978
- Northwestern University, B.S., with honors, 1974
BAR ADMISSIONS : California
COURT ADMISSIONS :
- U.S. District Court — Central District of California
- U.S. District Court — Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court — Northern District of California
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Supreme Court
- Member, American Bar Association, Litigation and Torts Trial and Insurance Practice Sections
- Vice-Chair, TIPS Insurance Coverage, Vice-Chair Litigation Committee
- Member, Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- California State Representative to DRI (1997-2000)
- President, Association of Defense Counsel of Northern California (1995-1996)
- Former Board Member, Northern California Conference of Insurance Counsel
- Former Executive Committee Member, Insurance Law Committee, Bar Association of San Francisco
Rate : $$$