Julia Skubis Weber is a partner in Baker McKenzie’s Global Tax Practice Group in Chicago. She has been advising US, non-US and multinational corporate and pass-through clients on federal income tax planning matters since 2005. Ms. Weber is seasoned in domestic and international tax matters, with emphasis on international tax planning.
She routinely advises US multinational and foreign-owned clients on cross-border tax issues, including internal reorganizations, structuring of outbound and inbound investments, foreign tax credits, subpart F, PFICs, withholding and treaty analysis.
In addition, she has extensive experience related to mergers and acquisitions, spin-off transactions, joint ventures, private equity funds, and real estate transactions, including the structuring and formation of private investment and real estate funds investing in domestic and offshore assets. Ms. Weber works with clients across a broad range of industries, including defense and aerospace, consumer goods, automotive, and pharmaceuticals.
- University of Michigan Law School (J.D. magna cum laude, Order of the Coif) (2005)
- University of California at Los Angeles (B.A. History) (2001)
Admissions : Illinois~United States (2005)
Representative Legal Matters:
- Represented US multinational clients in major internal restructurings, including post-acquisition integration and reorganization of foreign subsidiaries.
- Secured an IRS ruling for a US multinational client with respect to cross-border internal spin-offs of two foreign subsidiaries.
- Advised clients on tax-efficient cash repatriation strategies.
Rate : $$$