Julia K. Whitelock is a senior counsel in the firm’s Commercial Litigation, Banking & Finance, Consumer Protection Litigation, and Employment Law groups. Ms. Whitelock has, as lead or second-chair counsel, successfully resolved both small and multi-million dollar cases, including serving as first-chair for a jury trial that resulted in a judgment in excess of $1 million for her client.
Most recently, Ms. Whitelock successfully defended an accrediting agency against a common law due process claim, in part at summary judgment and in part at trial.
Ms. Whitelock has experience representing corporations and individuals in accreditation, breach of contract, fraud, consumer protection statutes defense, construction, negligence, insurance defense, employment, and appellate matters.
Her clients represent a diverse range of industries, including professional services, consumer financial services, education, real estate, construction, telecommunications, technology, non-profit, and health care. She has also provided EEO services to various federal agencies.
Ms. Whitelock began her legal career as law clerk to the Honorable William D. Missouri (Ret.), Chief Judge of the Seventh Judicial Circuit of Maryland, Administrative Judge of the Circuit Court for Prince George’s County.
Outside the practice of law, Ms. Whitelock is committed to promoting and developing literacy in Washington, DC through her volunteer work with the Junior League of Washington.
- Lead counsel on behalf of former employee-shareholder in jury trial resulting in a verdict and judgment in excess of $1 million while defending against former employers’ counterclaims for breach of contract, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Lead counsel on behalf of accrediting agency defending common law due process claim, which resulted in judgment in the accrediting agency’s favor after partial summary judgment on the substantive due process issues and bench trial on the procedural due process issues.
- J.D., The Catholic University of America, Columbus School of Law, 2008
- B.A., cum laude, George Mason University, 2003
- District of Columbia
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court, District of Columbia
- United States District Court, District of Maryland
- American Bar Association
- Asian Pacific American Bar Association
Rate : $$$$