Julianne J. Marley is a litigation associate whose practice focuses on international dispute resolution and public international law. Ms. Marley joined Debevoise in 2015. From 2014 to 2015 she clerked for the Honorable Janet C. Hall, Chief District Judge for the District of Connecticut. Ms. Marley received a J.D. from New York University School of Law cum laude in 2014, where she was an Institute for International Law and Justice Scholar and managing editor of the Journal of International Law and Politics. She received her B.A. summa cum laude in International Studies from Boston College in 2006.
Ms. Marley speaks and publishes on arbitration-related issues. Her recent publications include “Corruption in International Arbitration: Challenges and Consequences,” GAR, The Arbitration Review of the Americas 2018(August, 2017), and “Public Policy Through The Lens Of Chevron v. Ecuador,” International Bar Association Litigation Committee Newsletter (October, 2016). She served on the Program Committee for the 2017 Annual Meeting of the American Society of International Law. Ms. Marley is also actively involved in the firm’s pro bono practice, most recently representing clients in asylum proceedings.
- The State of Qatar and Qatari entities and individuals in international claims arising out of the measures imposed by the United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Egypt against Qatar, including winning an order for provisional measures in proceedings before the International Court of Justice against the United Arab Emirates, investment arbitrations and claims in other international tribunals.
- Claimant MAKAE Europe SARL an ICSID arbitration against the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- A leading steel company in the Americas in a dispute arising from an acquisition and related supply agreements.
- Gramercy Funds Management and Gramercy Peru Holdings in an investment treaty arbitration against the Government of Peru arising under the U.S.-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
- New York University School of Law, 2014, J.D.
- Boston College, 2006, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$