Julie Baine Stem is an associate based in the New York office and a member of the firm’s Investment Management group. Ms. Stem’s practice focuses on providing regulatory and compliance advice related to the Investment Advisers Act of 1940 and the Investment Company Act of 1940 to financial services firms, particularly investment advisers and sponsors of mutual funds, private equity funds and other pooled investment vehicles. She also counsels mutual fund independent directors.
Ms. Stem joined Debevoise in 2012. Ms. Stem received a J.D. from Columbia Law School in 2012. She received a B.A. from Yale University in 2006.
Ms. Stem is a member of the Bar of New York.
- EIG Global Energy Partners in the formation of a joint venture with FS Investments to manage the $4 billion FS Energy and Power Fund.
- Apollo Global Management in its acquisition of a majority interest in the asset management business of AR Capital (subsequently withdrawn), its acquisition of the wholesale distribution business of RCS Capital and its substantial minority equity investment in RCS Capital.
- NCI Building Systems in its $245 million acquisition of CENTRIA.
- Chemtura in the $1 billion sale of its agrochemicals business, Chemtura AgroSolutions.
- Columbia Law School, 2012, J.D.
- Yale University, 2006, B.A.
- New York
Rate : $$$