Julie Carter negotiates and litigates on behalf of banks and other financial services companies to resolve a variety of issues related to enforcement of mortgage liens and note obligations along with student lending compliance.
Particularly, Julie’s practice focuses on representing clients in loan servicing and foreclosure-related litigation, assisting consumer financial services companies with regulatory compliance concerns, and resolving disputes involving defects in title and the coverage provided by title insurance policies for such issues as HOA assessments and claims of liens, easements and rights of access, and other defects in title and related curative options.
Her experience defending her clients in litigation, working to resolve title defect issues, and advising on a range of regulatory compliance issues helps her identify creative solutions to meet her clients’ needs.
- Tulane University Law School, J.D., 2014, cum laude; Senior Editor, Tulane Environmental Law Journal; Moot Court Board; Legislative and Administrative Law Clinic
- Auburn University, M.A., 2008
- Auburn University, B.A., 2005
Professional & Community Activities:
- American Bar Association
- Alabama State Bar Association
- Birmingham Bar Association’s Public Service Committee, Secretary
- Defense Research Institute
Rate : $$$