Julie A. Divola’s practice focuses on corporate and partnership taxation, with particular emphasis on U.S. and cross-border mergers, acquisitions and restructurings. Julie, the leader of Pillsbury’s San Francisco Tax practice, is experienced in federal income tax planning for business and financial transactions.
She advises on the tax aspects of all manner of domestic and cross-border M&A transactions and restructurings. Julie currently serves as an officer for the American Bar Association Section of Taxation. She is a Lecturer at Berkeley Law, where she teaches Corporate Tax and is a frequent speaker at tax conferences.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Serves as special tax counsel to a number of publicly traded companies, including Amazon.com Inc. and Electronic Arts Inc., in connection with their major acquisition and restructuring transactions.
- Represented Global Cash Access Holdings Inc. in its acquisition of casino-games company Multimedia Games for $1.2 billion.
- Advised AT&T Inc., in its acquisition of Quickplay Media Inc., a supplier of over-the-top video and TV Everywhere services, from Madison Dearborn Partners.
- American Bar Association Tax Section: Vice Chair (Publications); Editor-in-Chief, The Tax Lawyer; past Council Director; past Member, Nominating Committee; past Chair, Corporate Tax Committee
- Practical Tax Lawyer, Editorial Board, Member
- van Löben Sels/Rembe Rock Foundation, Secretary and Trustee; past Chair of the Audit Committee
- American Bar Foundation, Fellow
- American College of Tax Counsel, Fellow
- San Francisco Tax Club, past President
- J.D., University of San Francisco School of Law, 1986
- B.A., University of California, Santa Barbara, 1980
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$