Julie A. Dunne represents employers and management, particularly in the retail industry, with respect to employment matters. She most frequently defends employers in wage and hour class actions under both California laws and the Fair Labor Standards Act.
She appears before state and federal courts, as well as administrative agencies. She has particular experience with claims arising under the California Labor Code and Wage Orders, and the federal Fair Labor Standards Act. Additionally, Julie advises employers regarding compliance with California wage and hour laws and the federal Fair Labor Standards Act.
Julie is co-chair of the firm’s Retail Practice Group and is a core group member of the Wage and Hour Practice Group. Prior to joining Littler Mendelson, Julie worked for another firm for 14 years. She previously served as a summer extern to the Honorable Gordon Thompson, Jr., United States District Court Judge in San Diego, California.
- J.D., University of San Diego School of Law, 1992
- B.A., University of Michigan, 1989
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of California
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of California
Professional & Community Affiliations :
- Chair, Wage and Hour Subcommittee, National Retail Federation
- Former Co-Chair, Labor and Employment Law Section, San Diego County Bar Association
Rate : $$$