Julie Hogan Rodgers has extensive experience in the practice of tax law, focusing on taxable and tax-free mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, bankruptcies and restructurings, and lending and financing transactions. She advises on tax-related matters for a myriad of industries, including technology, life sciences, financial services, energy, clean technology and manufacturing, among others.
Ms. Rodgers is also a member of the firm’s State and Local Tax Group, and she has extensive experience in state income taxation and state sales and use taxes. In addition, Ms. Rodgers’ practice includes representing clients in federal and state tax controversies in which she has successfully resolved complex tax issues before the Internal Revenue Service and state taxing authorities.
Ms. Rodgers is a member of the Tax Sections of the American Bar Association and the Boston Bar Association and the Boston Tax Forum. She is current co-chair of the Boston Bar Association’s Tax Section and former chair of the American Bar Association’s Corporate Tax Committee.
- Tax counsel to Analog Devices, Progress Software, MKS Instruments, and WEX in several private company acquisitions
- Tax counsel to various companies, including Medtronic, Danaher Corporation, State Street Corporation, Thermo Fisher Scientific and Bottomline Technologies, in debt and equity offerings and the establishment of credit facilities
- Tax counsel to Cynosure in its $1.7 billion sale to Hologic, to Demandware in its $2.8 billion sale to Salesforce, and to American Sciences & Engineering in its $269 million sale to OSI Systems
- Tax counsel to Dean Foods Company in its spin-offs of The WhiteWave Foods Company and TreeHouse Foods
- Tax counsel to individuals and companies in Massachusetts tax controversies, including issues from domicile to transfer pricing.
- JD, Harvard Law School, 2000
- BChE, Villanova University, 1997
ADMISSIONS : Massachusetts
Rate : $$$$