Julie M. Kamps is counsel in the Labor and Employment department of Seyfarth Shaw LLP’s Chicago office. Ms. Kamps focuses her practice on benefit plan litigation. She defends insurers, employers and plan administrators against claims for benefits, breach of fiduciary responsibilities, and bad faith.
Prior to joining Seyfarth Shaw, Ms. Kamps represented primary and third-party defendants in construction, transportation, product liability, premise liability, and insurance related litigation. She has extensive jury trial experience, taking three cases to verdict and settling more than 20 cases during the pendency of trial.
Ms. Kamps became a certified mediator in 2005 through the Center for Conflict Resolution. She is a strong advocate of alternative dispute resolution and has participated in more than 50 arbitrations and mediations in the course of her career.
- J.D., Chicago-Kent College of Law, Illinois Institute of Technology (2005)
- Certificate in Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution
- Certified Mediator, Center for Conflicts Resolution (2005)
- B.S. in Philosophy and Political Science, University of Wisconsin, Madison (2002)
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Wisconsin
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan
Rate : $$$