Julie Hamlet is a member of the Health Care and Employee Benefits practice groups and approaches each client with a business-minded approach and guides them in the right direction. She works out of the Holland and Grand Rapids offices. Specifically, she focuses her practice on:
Health Care Law
- Advising healthcare providers on a wide range of regulatory issues, including Stark, Anti-Kickback, licensure and Medicare/Medicaid regulations.
- Structuring and reviewing physician compensation arrangements to ensure compliance with relevant law.
- Providing counsel to health care providers and business associates regarding HIPAA compliance.
- Assisting with health care facility mergers and acquisitions.
Employee Benefits Law
- Assisting with the design and implementation of employee benefit plans to ensure compliance with ERISA and relevant IRS requirements.
- Assisting with plan administrative functions, including the review of qualified domestic relations orders (QDROs) and required participant disclosures.
After earning her undergraduate degree from the University of Notre Dame in mathematics, Julie earned a full tuition scholarship to Saint Louis University School of Law. While in law school, Julie served as the managing editor of the Saint Louis University Law Journal, completed a judicial externship with Judge Raymond W. Gruender of the United States Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit and interned with the United States Attorney’s Office in St. Louis. Julie graduated summa cum laude, earning 10 academic excellence awards for the highest overall ranking in 10 courses.
- Saint Louis University School of Law, J.D., 2014, summa cum laude
- University of Notre Dame, B.S., 2010, cum laude, Mathematics
Bar and Court Admissions:
Rate : $$$$