Julie E. Maurer is a partner in the Phoenix office of Lewis Brisbois and a member of the Transportation, Complex Business & Commercial Litigation, and Admiralty, Maritime & Energy Litigation Practices.
Julie routinely serves as national litigation counsel, representing clients in jurisdictions throughout the United States in the areas of transportation, commercial litigation, contract and tort defense.
She has extensive experience as lead chair in bench and jury trials in state and federal courts as well as AAA arbitrations throughout the country. She has represented clients in trials identified as Arizona’s most significant defense verdicts.
She is listed in Arizona’s Finest Lawyers and recognized repeatedly in Southwest Super Lawyers. Julie also serves as a Judge Pro Tem for the Arizona Superior Court of Maricopa County in commercial litigation matters.
Julie’s transportation expertise extends to all areas of carriage, including representing shippers, motor, rail, air and ocean carriers, brokers and intermediaries. She handles freight loss and damage claims, and litigates issues related to the collection of tariff and transportation charges. Julie also negotiates and advises clients on transportation contracts and insurance issues.
COMMERCIAL LITIGATION / BUSINESS RELATED DISPUTES:
Julie represents clients in a wide-variety of business disputes, including breach of contract, non-competition, real estate, insurance coverage and bad faith litigation matters. She also represents clients in the defense of toxic tort and wrongful death matters. She was a trial attorney of a toxic tort case named as one of 2007’s most significant defense verdicts in Arizona.
- University of Notre Dame Law School, Juris Doctor, 2004
- Arizona State University, Master of Public Administration, summa cum laude, 1998
- University of Missouri-Rolla, Bachelor of Arts, summa cum laude, 1996
- State Bar Admissions, Arizona
- United States Courts of Appeals & Supreme Court, United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- State Supreme Courts, Arizona Supreme Court
- United States District Courts
- United States District Court for the District of Arizona
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- Conference of Freight Counsel
- Transportation Lawyers Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Arizona Association of Defense Counsel
Rate : $$$$