Juliet M. McBride is a Partner in King & Spalding’s Government & Regulatory Practice Group whose principal area of practice is focused on advising national clients in the healthcare industry including hospitals, medical equipment and device suppliers, and laboratories on a wide range of matters. Ms. McBride specializes in reimbursement litigation and Medicare/Medicaid coverage, payment, and compliance issues.
Specific aspects of her health care industry experience include:
- Conducting reimbursement litigation before the Provider Reimbursement Review Board, an independent panel to which a certified Medicare provider of services may appeal if it is dissatisfied with a final determination by its Medicare contractor or by the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, including recent successful mediation related to a hospital’s graduate medical education reimbursement.
- Advising national medical device suppliers on a broad range of Medicare and Medicaid coverage and reimbursement issues ranging from program enrollment challenges to defense of post-payment auditswith a particular expertise in serving as regulatory counsel for acquisitions involving medical suppliers.
- Maintaining relationships with various state and federal government contacts for purposes of compliance queries and advocacy communications on behalf of clients.
Ms. McBride received a Bachelor of Arts degree from Southern Methodist University in 2003 and received her Juris Doctor degree, summa cum laude, from Thurgood Marshall School of Law at Texas Southern University in 2008. While in law school, Ms. McBride served as a judicial intern for the Honorable Kenneth Hoyt in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas and as a judicial intern for Justice George C. Hanks, Jr. in the Texas First District Court of Appeals.
Ms. McBride is a Fellow of the American Bar Foundation (election to membership is limited to one percent of lawyers licensed to practice in each jurisdiction), a Fellow of the Leadership Council on Legal Diversity Class of 2018, and previously participated as a Member of the State Bar of Texas Leadership Class of 2014-2015.
- J.D., Texas Southern University
- B.A., Southern Methodist University
- American Bar Association Health Law Section
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Healthcare Financial Management Association, Texas Gulf Coast Chapter
- Houston Bar Association Health Law Section
Rate : $$$$