Jun Zheng practices in the area of intellectual property law, particularly on patent and trade secret litigation. He resolves complex intellectual propertyissues with his knowledge of electrical and computer engineering, especially in telecommunications, semiconductors, medical devices, multimedia processing and software applications.
Mr. Zheng has experience representing major tech companies, including many in the Fortune 500, before federal courts and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO). He has experience in pre-suit investigations, serving defendants in foreign countries, discovery, motion practices, technical analyses, and working with technical experts. He also has experience managing patent portfolios for large companies and research institutes involving a variety of technologies.
Prior to moving to the United States, Mr. Zheng lived in mainland China and Hong Kong for more than 25 years. With his deep understanding of the Chinese culture and legal industry, he has advised U.S. clients in defending lawsuits and enforcing IP rights in China.
- Represented Micron Technology in trade secret case relating to DRAM design in the Northern District of California.
- Defended Micron Technology in patent infringement cases relating to integrated circuit design and manufacturing in various courts in China.
- Defended Broadcom Inc. in patent infringement cases relating to integrated circuit design and manufacturing in various courts in China.
- Defended Synopsys in patent infringement case relating to hardware emulation of IC design in District of Oregon.
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 2016
- University of Texas at Austin, M.S., Electrical Engineering, 2011
- University of Hong Kong, M.Phil, Electrical Engineering, 2009
- University of Electronic Science and Technology of China, B.S., Electrical Engineering, 2005
- Austin Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Dallas Asian American Bar Association
- The Bar Association of San Francisco
Rate : $$$$