With clients that include some of the largest banks, infrastructure funds and utility companies in North America, Justin Boose is a respected thought-leader in the renewable energy community who clients go to for high-dollar projects and cutting-edge structures for mature and emerging energy technologies.
Justin represents lenders, investors, private equity and infrastructure funds, developers, and regulated and nonregulated utilities on all types of transactions for renewable and traditional energy projects.
His experience is heavily concentrated in solar and wind projects but also includes natural gas, liquefied natural gas, cogeneration, ethanol, biogas, biomass, waste-to-energy and water projects. He advises clients at every step of the project life cycle, including origination, development, construction, finance, operation and disposition.
Justin regularly handles tax equity transactions (partnership flip, leasing structures), debt transactions (term debt, mezzanine debt, construction debt, back-leverage), private equity investments (IRR-based flips, GP/LP structures), M&A transactions (membership interest/asset purchase agreements) and project development transactions (PPA, EPC, O&M and related service agreements).
Justin also represents clients on energy trading and hedge transactions (power, renewable energy, natural gas, RECs and emissions allowances) and is conversant with the ISDA, EEI, NAESB and other standard and non-standard form trading documentation.
Representative Matters :
- Represented leading U.S. bank in a partnership flip transaction for a 150 MW solar photovoltaic project in Georgia.
- Represented renewable developer in negotiating PPAs for several of the first utility-scale battery storage and solar-plus-storage that were third-party financed.
- Represented leading U.S. bank in a partnership flip transaction for a 200 MW solar photovoltaic project in ERCOT.
- Represented infrastructure fund in a $100 million investment in a portfolio of international water treatment and desalinization projects.
- Represented infrastructure fund in a $100 million facility to acquire and develop behind the meter utility grade backup power systems.
- Represented leading renewable energy company in negotiation a power purchase agreement with NYSERDA for a 200 MW solar project in New York.
Professional and Community Involvement :
- American Bar Association
- Energy Bar Association
- New York State Bar Association
- Willamette University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude, 1998
- Whitman College, with honors, 1995
BAR ADMISSIONS : New York
Rate : $$$