Justin D. Luger is an Associate in the firm’s Litigation Division and represents private and governmental entities in the South Florida area at both the State and Federal level. Justin handles complex commercial, business, and municipal/government litigation.
A native Miamian, Justin received a Bachelor of Arts in International Studies from Emory University and is a cum laudegraduate of the University of Miami School of Law. While in law school, Justin received the Dean’s Certificate of Achievement for Outstanding Academic Performance in Legal Research and Writing, an award reserved for the top two students in the class.
Justin is a member of the Dade County Bar Association. At the municipal level, he represents local governments in litigation issues including zoning and land use regulations, the creation and dissolution of special districts, and Constitutional, civil rights, and negligence matters.
Justin previously practiced complex commercial and securities litigation at a boutique Miami law firm, where he actively assisted in the defense of one of the world’s largest hedge fund administrators and custodians in a multi-billion dollar federal class action stemming from the Bernard Madoff Ponzi scheme. Additionally, Justin has experience representing a wide range of condominium and homeowner associations in business tort and contractual matters.
- University of Miami School of Law, JD, cum laude, 2010
- Honors: Dean’s List; Dean’s Certificate of Achievement for Outstanding Academic Performance in Legal Research and Writing
- Emory University, BA, International Studies
- Honors: Pi Sigma Alpha Political Honor Society; National Society of Collegiate Scholars; National Scholars Honor Society; Alpha Epsilon Delta Premedical Honor Society
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Dade County Bar Association
- Young Lawyers Section
- Greater Miami Chamber of Commerce
- Board of Directors (2016-present)
- Nominating Committee (2017-2018)
- Hype Miami Committee
- Chair (2017-2018)
- Vice-Chair (2015-2017)
- Technology Task Force Co-Chair (2014-2015)
- Co-Chair of “Hype Miami Presents: Tech Tank-Keeping Miami Afloat in a Growing Technology Ecosystem”
- New World Center (Downtown Miami) Committee
- Transportation and Mobility Task Force (2014-2015)
- Hispanic National Bar Association
- Mentor (2016-2017)
Rate : $$$