Justin G. Guthrie is a civil litigation associate focusing on Maritime, Environmental, and International Trade related matters. As a member of the Maritime Practice Group, his practice involves all aspects of Maritime and Admiralty law, including Marine Insurance, Personal Injury, and Vessel Finance.
Justin also assists clients in the navigation of certain regulatory concerns involving the U.S. Coast Guard, the National Vessel Documentation Center, the Federal Maritime Commission, and Customs and Border Protection.
Justin joined the firm after receiving his Juris Doctorate and Certificate of Specialization in Maritime Law from Tulane University, where he served as the president of his class and an editor on the Tulane Maritime Law Journal.
During law school, Justin interned for both the Federal Maritime Commission and the United States Department of Justice: Aviation & Admiralty Civil Division in Washington, D.C.
Prior to law school, Justin, a native Virginian, worked in aquaculture for one of the largest oyster companies on the Chesapeake Bay, was a U.S. Sailing Instructor, and a collegiate racer.
- J.D., Tulane University Law School, 2016
- B.A., University of Virginia, Foreign Affairs & International Relations, 2012
- American Bar Association
- Maritime Law Association
- Norfolk Portsmouth Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar
- Southeastern Admiralty Law Institute
Admitted to Practice:
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Virginia
- United States District Court for the Western District of Virginia
- United States Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
- United States Court of International Trade
- Tort Trial & Insurance Practice Section of the American Bar Association, Member: Admiralty and Maritime Law Committee
- Tulane Maritime Law Journal
- Alumni Mentor
Rate : $$$