Justin J. Hasford has experience in all areas of intellectual property law. His practice focuses on complex patent litigation at the trial and appellate levels on behalf of pioneer pharmaceutical companies. He has particular experience with cases arising from Abbreviated New Drug Applications (ANDAs) under the Hatch-Waxman Act. Justin also has litigated antitrust cases and business method patent cases.
Recognized as a Next Generation Lawyer by The Legal 500 U.S. for patent litigation, Justin counsels clients on issues of infringement, validity, enforceability, antitrust, unfair competition, licensing, due diligence, and IP portfolio management.
He has extensive experience advising clients regarding the interplay between patent and regulatory laws, including Orange Book listing of patents for drugs approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA).
Justin regularly speaks on the protection of U.S. intellectual property rights. He has also successfully represented a variety of low-income clients on a pro bono basis.
- University of Virginia School of Law J.D., 2003
- Vanderbilt University B.S., Chemistry, with high honors, and Molecular Biology, magna cum laude, 1998
- District of Columbia
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of Columbia
- U.S. District Court, D. New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, E.D. Virginia
- U.S. District Court, W.D. Virginia
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, D.C. Circuit
- Supreme Court of the United States
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Professional Activities :
- American Chemical Society, Chemistry and the Law Division (chair, 2008-present; chair-elect, 2007-2007; program chair, 2005-2007; program chair, 2009-2010; co-secretary, 2011-2015; archivist, 2016-present)
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Virginia Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar
Rate : $$$$