Justin D. Hovey, co-leader of Pillsbury’s Mergers & Acquisitions group and Technology & Media Industry Group leader, is recognized by The Legal 500 U.S. in the Venture Capital and Emerging Companies category.
Justin focuses on startup formation, venture and seed financings, mergers and acquisitions, and corporate governance matters. Representing entrepreneurs, investors and emerging companies in the video game, social media, online advertising and entertainment space, he regularly counsels on early-stage investments and joint ventures.
In the M&A arena, Justin works with both strategic acquirers and target companies. He also advises public companies on securities reporting and compliance matters.
REPRESENTATIVE EXPERIENCE :
- Represented AT&T Inc. in its Otter Media joint venture with The Chernin Group, and in AT&T’s acquisition of Quickplay Media Inc., a supplier of over-the-top video and TV Everywhere services.
- Represented Signia Venture Partners in connection with various early-stage investments in consumer and enterprise technology businesses.
- Advised Clearwater Paper Corp. on governance, Securities Act compliance and other related corporate matters.
- Served as counsel to Grow Mobile in its acquisition by Perion Network.
- Served as counsel to PLX Technology in its acquisition by Avago Technologies.
- Served as counsel to Phantom EFX in its acquisition by WMS Gaming.
- Served as counsel to social gaming developer in its acquisition by international gaming company.
- Served as counsel to a top international media and communications company in its acquisition of an online order fulfillment company.
- Served as counsel to a top international media and communications company in its acquisition of a provider of cross-platform mobile application solutions.
- Served as counsel to Textron, Inc. in its tender offer for its $600 million of convertible notes.
- Served as counsel to Potlatch Corp. in its conversion to a real estate investment trust.
- J.D., Santa Clara University School of Law, 1997
- LL.M., Taxation, New York University School of Law, 1998
- B.A., University of California, Davis, 1994
ADMISSIONS : California
Rate : $$$