Justin D’Elia focuses his practice in the areas of securities arbitration as well as civil and criminal litigation. He regularly represents broker-dealers in arbitrations and regulatory matters before FINRA, the Securities and Exchange Commission, state regulatory agencies and other self-regulatory organizations.
His practice includes representation of companies and individuals in connection with federal class action litigation, and complex commercial litigation. He also regularly advises companies on compliance and supervisory policies and procedures.
In 2008, Mr. D’Elia was recognized with the Duane Morris Pro Bono Award for his outstanding pro bono work in obtaining asylum for an Iraqi citizen who aided American forces as well as derivative asylum for his family.
- Obtained from a Chief Administrative Law Judge an order of no penalty for any misconduct on behalf of a broker concerning SEC allegations of a Ponzi scheme at an investment firm.
- Won dismissal of putative class action for national bank in U.S. District Court for the Southern District charging violations of New York’s Exempt Income Protection Act (EIPA) and New York common law.
- Represented numerous financial institutions, corporations and individuals in arbitrations before FINRA and AAA concerning alleged violations of securities law and regulations as well as enforcement and compliance matters.
- Conducted an internal investigation of a publicly held company and advised the company on issues concerning corporate governance.
- Negotiated and settled mass fraud claims involving customer participants in the initial public offering of a publicly held company.
- New York Law School, J.D., 2005
- College of the Holy Cross, B.S., 2002
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- Securities Industry and Financial Markets Association (SIFMA) Compliance and Legal Division
- New York State Bar Association
Rate : $$$