Justin J. Oliver’s attention to detail extends not just to the facts of the case, but to the nature of the audience. While working on trials in both district courts and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, Justin focuses his practice on complex proceedings before the Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB).
Whether an inter partes review or an ex parte appeal, Justin understands that the PTAB critically analyzes both the technical and legal details of a case. By avoiding the tendency to address issues with broad strokes and mining the details of the case, Justin has established himself as a top choice for PTAB proceedings.
Justin’s ability to spot the strengths and weaknesses of a case early and adapt accordingly has proved a huge benefit to clients in a wide range of technology areas.
- Canon, Inc. against Intellectual Ventures in multiple inter partes reviews involving circuitry for document scanners
- Medtronic, Inc. against NuVasive, Inc. in multiple inter partes reexaminations and inter partes reviews involving nerve detection technology
- Medtronic, Inc. against GE Medical Systems Global Technology in an interference involving surgical navigation technology
- J.D. magna cum laude American University, Washington College of Law 1997
- B.S. Trinity College 1994
Bar Admissions : District of Columbia, Virginia, U.S. Patent and Trademark Office
Rate : $$$