Justin R. Rassi is a litigation associate in the firm’s International Dispute Resolution Group and Public International Law Group. His practice focuses on international treaty and commercial arbitration, international litigation, and public international law. Mr. Rassi joined Debevoise in 2016. From 2014 to 2015, Mr. Rassi clerked for the Honorable Justice V.M. Bell AC of the High Court of Australia. The High Court of Australia is the supreme court in the Australian judicial system. He also practiced as a solicitor in the dispute resolution team of a leading international law firm in Sydney, Australia in 2013 and 2015.
Mr. Rassi received an LL.M. from the New York University School of Law in 2016, specializing in International Business Regulation, Litigation and Arbitration (“IBRLA”). He held the Arthur T. Vanderbilt scholarship and received the IBRLA Award for academic merit. Mr. Rassi received an LL.B. with First Class Honors and a B.Com degree from the University of New South Wales in 2012, where he was an editor of the University of New South Wales Law Journal.
Mr. Rassi is admitted as an Attorney and Counselor-at-Law in the State of New York and as a Lawyer of the Supreme Court of New South Wales. Mr. Rassi may also appear before the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York, the High Court of Australia, and all courts of federal jurisdiction in Australia.
- A publicly-listed mining company and its subsidiaries in a multi-billion dollar arbitration against an African government seated in London under the UNCITRAL Rules.
- An engineering and commissioning contractor in an AUS$2 billion ICC Singapore arbitration concerning the disputed termination of an EPC subcontract to build a captive Combined Cycle power station on an LNG facility.
- An investment firm in an arbitration against a Southeast Asian government seated in Singapore under the SIAC Rules.
- New York University School of Law, 2016, LL.M.
- University of New South Wales, 2012, B.Com
- University of New South Wales, 2012, LL.B.
- New South Wales
- New York
Rate : $$$