Mr. Justin Daniels is a corporate shareholder and is a member of the Firm’s Global Business Team. Justin Daniels provides corporate and commercial real estate advice to growth oriented and middle market domestic and international businesses.
His corporate practice consists of representing businesses and business owners in all aspects of their growth cycle, from structuring new ventures, raising capital and advising on acquisitions and divestitures to reviewing and negotiating key vendor, franchise, employment and customer contracts. He has closed M&A transactions valued collectively more than $1 billion.
He specifically advises on cyber business and legal issues that impact every aspect of a company from mergers and acquisitions, investment capital transactions and related due diligence matters, vendor and customer contracts and cyber insurance.
He runs tabletop exercises to help companies practice and identity opportunities to improve their cyber incident response plan. He also has a strong background in blockchain technology as he represents one of the largest cryptocurrency mining facilities in the country. He has particular experience in helping clients navigate how the blockchain might apply to a specific use case and the potential business and legal issues arising from it.
He represents international companies based in the United Kingdom, France, Italy, Sweden, Israel, Australia and Canada to establish U.S. operations for their technology related companies. His international experience makes him adept at identifying cultural, business and other differences in the U.S. market that can impact the ability of international companies to be successful in the U.S. market.
Mr. Daniels’ commercial real estate practice consists of representing investor syndicates and commercial developers who acquire, develop, finance, lease and sell commercial real estate. He has advised investor syndicates and commercial developers in the retail, industrial, office and data centers.
Mr. Daniels’ corporate and commercial real estate background uniquely positions him to represent companies that wish to acquire the assets and commercial real estate of another company, as his experience allows him to advise the client on all aspects of a transaction.
- Duquesne University, J.D. and M.B.A., 1998
- Virginia Tech University, B.A. in political science, cum laude, 1993
- Georgia, 1999
- Pennsylvania, 1998
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia
Representative Matters :
- Represented a privately held technology company in creating and venture financing a block chain mining operation.
- Represented a privately held technology company in acquiring and financing a $2 million purchase of a data center.
- Represented a privately held technology company in selling VOIP business to a strategic buyer for $3.6 million.
- Represented a technology company in the exclusive license of its software to a large multinational corporation in Australia.
- Represented a shareholder in the $50 million sale of health care business to a private equity fund.
- Represented a technology company in the licensing its software on a worldwide basis.
Professional Honors & Activities :
- Named as one of Georgia’s Legal Elite in Corporate Law, by Georgia Trend Magazine (2013)
- Creator and Leader – Inaugural Atlanta Cyber Week (2017)
Rate : $$$$