Justin Wales serves as chair of the firm’s blockchain practice. He represents a wide range of blockchain, fintech and financial services clients on fundraising and regulatory matters, including executing compliant token offerings.
A recognized leader in the burgeoning cryptocurrency industry and early cryptocurrency adopter, Justin provides business and technical product counseling for his clients, as well as advice regarding domestic and international corporate formation options, intellectual property protection, and other general corporate matters.
He speaks and writes often about the intersection between law and technology, and authors the premier treatise, published by Thompson Reuters, on the application of state rules on blockchain and virtual currency businesses.
Justin is also an experienced litigator who serves clients with constitutional and intellectual property disputes, including First Amendment, trade secret, and access to government-held information claims, as well as defense counsel for his financial services or cryptocurrency clients.
- University of Miami School of Law (J.D., summa cum laude, 2012)
- Order of the Coif
- Bruce J. Winick Scholar – Tuition scholarship awarded to top 1% of graduating class
- University of California, San Diego (B.A., magna cum laude, 2009)
Professional & Community Involvement:
- Florida Bar Digital Currency Task Force
- City of Miami Charter Review and Reform Committee
- Engage Miami
- Founder and Board Chair: Engage Miami is an organization dedicated to raising millennial voter turnout and creating a culture of civic involvement within Miami-Dade County.
- Code For Miami
- Policy Advisor: Organize and lead a brigade of civic hackers in drafting and implementing an Open Data Policy for Miami-Dade County.
- Buskerfest Miami
- Policy Advisor: Organize and lead team of artists in advocating for legislation that protects the First Amendment rights of musicians and artists to perform on Miami’s streets.
Rate : $$$$