Justin Seccombe is an associate in the Chicago office of Locke Lord LLP where he concentrates his practice on business litigation, labor & employment matters, and consumer finance litigation. He has experience in representing employers in cases involving allegations of employment discrimination and misclassification claims.
He also advises employers on compliance with Federal labor and employment laws. Justin’s practice also includes representation of lenders, loan servicers, investors, and foreclosure trustees in all aspects and stages of default-related litigation.
He has researched, drafted, and argued motions to dismiss and motions for summary judgment, among others, concerning claims under the Truth in Lending Act, the Home Affordable Modification Program, the Telephone Consumer Protection Act, the Equal Credit Opportunity Act, the Fair Credit Reporting Act and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act, as well as claims for fraud, breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duty.
In addition, Justin has litigated a number of appeals with the Illinois Appellate Court and Illinois Supreme Court. He also has an extensive history of handling real estate owned disputes. Justin previously worked for lessors, finance companies, lease brokers and equipment vendors nationwide in commercial litigation, bankruptcies, and collections.
- Associate, Askounis & Darcy, PC (2012 – 2013)
- Associate, Wilford Conrad LLP (2011 – 2012)
- J.D., cum laude, Washington University School of Law, 2010
- B.A., Political Science & Economics, Emory University, 2007
Admissions : Illinois, 2010
Admitted To Practice :
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois, 2011
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Illinois, 2013
- U.S. District Court for the Central District of Illinois, 2013
Rate : $$$