Justin has successfully represented families in many major aviation cases. These include airline disasters, corporate airplane and helicopter accidents, and civil airplane and helicopter accidents. His practice has also included personal injury and wrongful death cases arising from other transportation accidents.
His recent major cases include:
- In re Terrorist Attacks on September 11, 2001
- Continental Connection Flight 3407 Disaster near Buffalo, New York
- Turkish Airlines Flight 1951 Disaster near Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Hudson River Midair Collision near Hoboken, New Jersey
- Asiana Flight 214 Crash at San Francisco International Airport
- Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 Disappearance
Justin is a CNN Aviation Analyst. He often speaks on aviation law and aviation safety. He edits the leading treatise on U.S. aviation law: Kreindler, Aviation Accident Law published by Lexis/Nexis. He is the author of many influential articles on aviation law.
Justin is the Immediate Past President of the International Air & Transportation Safety Bar Association, past Chair of the American Association for Justice, Aviation Section, and is Vice-Chair of the American Bar Association’s Torts and Insurance Practice’s Aviation Section. He is a former Chair of the Aviation Section of the American Association for Justice.
Justin learned to fly in the United States Marine Corps and served as his squadron’s aviation safety officer after graduating from the Naval Postgraduate School’s Aviation Safety Program. He has an airplane and helicopter commercial license, he is instrument-rated and has flight time in many different airplanes and helicopters.
He graduated from Union College in Schenectady, New York, and earned his law degree from Fordham Law School in New York City.
- Fordham University School of Law, New York, New York, J.D. – 1995
- Union College, Schenectady, New York, B.A. – 1984
Past Employment Positions:
- United States District Court, District of New Jersey, Hon. Alfred J. Lechner, Law Clerk, 1996 – 1997
- Haight, Gardener, Poor & Havens, Associate, 1995 – 1996
- United States Marine Corps, Pilot and Aviation Safety Officer, 1985 – 1992
Rate : $$$