Justin J. Watkins advises clients on mergers and acquisitions, venture capital and private equity investment, divestitures, joint ventures and other strategic transactions, and general business counseling.
He has represented both public and private companies in corporate transactions in a variety of industries, including manufacturing, pharmaceutical, health care, and health care information technology.
In addition to consulting with clients on corporate transactions, Justin also regularly advises clients on life sciences and intellectual property agreements—including but not limited to clinical trial agreements, research agreements, and complex licensing agreements.
He also counsels clients on commercial contracts, corporate governance and other matters relating to business operation and formation. Prior to beginning his legal career, Justin was the associate director of Intellectual Property at the University of Pennsylvania’s Center for Technology Transfer.
He also worked as a research scientist at Taylor Technology, Inc. in Princeton, New Jersey and as a senior research assistant in the Department of Physiology at Amylin Pharmaceuticals, Inc. in San Diego, California.
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- A privately-held manufacturer of household appliances in its $90 million acquisition of a power cell company;
- A publicly traded healthcare solutions company in its $225 million acquisition of a specialty pharmaceutical company
- A private equity fund in its $104 million acquisition of a provider of engineering solutions and high-precision manufacturing capabilities
- A private equity fund in its acquisitions of a number of medical tubing extruding companies for aggregate consideration of over $29 million
- Venture Investing
- A privately-held manufacturer of household appliances in its $17 million Series C investment in a power cell company
- A biotechnology venture fund in its $6 million Series AA investment in a privately held pharmaceutical company
- A private equity fund in connection with several investments in portfolio companies, including acquisition, debt financing and capital structure matters
- Life Science Transactions
- A publicly traded healthcare solutions company in a strategic partnering transaction with a publicly-traded biotechnology company, which included components of research and development, intellectual property licensing, and product manufacture and supply
- A publicly traded pharmaceutical company in its negotiation of all clinical trial agreements in the U.S. in connection with a Phase III clinical trial for a novel small molecule therapeutic
- Temple University Beasley School of Law, J.D., 2005, cum laude
- Swarthmore College, B.A., 1993
Bar Admissions : Pennsylvania
Rate : $$$