Justine M. Casey is a partner in the firm’s Orange County office. She is a trial lawyer specializing in complex business litigation and has extensive experience as counsel in civil jury and judge trials involving a wide variety of business disputes, including class and representative actions concerning claims under Business and Professions Code Section 17200, the California Consumer Legal Remedies Act, truth in lending, fraud, bad faith, and interference with contract.
Ms. Casey also has significant experience obtaining and defending against provisional remedies such as attachments, preliminary injunctions and writs. She represents clients through all phases of litigation and pre-litigation advice and handles cases from inception through trial and appeal.
Representative Trial Experience:
- Ms. Casey has represented numerous clients at trial, in arbitration and before the courts of appeal in a significant number of matters state wide. Her extensive experience includes the following notable cases:
- Bonded Motors v. State Compensation Ins. Fund – Los Angeles Superior Court – obtained favorable result after seven week jury trial involving alleged bad faith and unfair business practices against the state’s largest workers’ compensation insurer.
- Tricor v. State Compensation Ins. Fund – Los Angeles Superior Court – obtained favorable verdict in an action involving the workers’ compensation system and regulation of the workers’ compensation insurance industry.
- M.S. Development v. State Compensation Ins. Fund – Los Angeles Superior Court – obtained a defense verdict in favor of State Fund on bad faith and denial of coverage claims.
- Ms. Casey currently represents numerous clients in pending class and representative actions.
- Ms. Casey is also legal counsel to the California Amateur Hockey Association.
- J.D., Loyola Law School, 1989, Order of the Coif
- B.S., San Diego State University, 1986
- California, including the District Courts and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
Rate : $$$