Justine Daniels is a highly skilled litigator specializing in business trial litigation and distressed company and bankruptcy litigation. With an impressive range of professional experience, Justine has worked on and managed cases at all levels, including drafting complaints and conducting discovery, trial, mediation, and settlement negotiations. She has represented a wide variety of clients in a diverse number of matters and across various industries including the aerospace and defense, pharmaceutical, and real estate sectors, among others.
Justine also maintains an active and dynamic pro bono practice. For example, she has successfully litigated and settled two Eighth Amendment cases for inmates in California prisons. Justine’s accomplished legal career can be defined by her resolve, resourcefulness, and commitment to her clients’ causes. She was listed among Los Angeles Magazine’s Top Women Attorney’s in Southern California for Business Litigation (2015) and was named a Rising Star by Super Lawyers Magazine (2015).
- Representing aerospace manufacturer at trial in an intentional interference with prospective economic advantage case
- Defending third-party aerospace manufacturer in discovery dispute and multiple during depositions
- Representing pharmaceutical manufacturer in nationwide multi-district action, including multiple briefings in relation to trial
- Representing airline in multiple trade secret and antitrust actions, which included filing appeals to the Ninth Circuit
- Defending individual in fraud action involving application of family law, including trial to determine proper level of child support
- Representing California shopping centers in negotiations with advocacy group seeking access to protest shopping centers’ tenants, and drafting an amicus brief to the United States Supreme Court
- Representing Bankruptcy debtor in multiple actions, including conducting discovery, taking and defending over a dozen depositions (including expert depositions), and negotiating favorable settlements for the debtor
- Representing plaintiff hedge fund in fraud case; successfully negotiated settlement with parties across three continents
- Representing shoe company in nationwide personal injury actions.
- New York University, J.D.: Dean’s Scholar; Derrick Bell Fellow, Constitutional Law
- New York University, B.A., Political Science: cum laude
Rate : $$$