K. Matthew Long have represented individuals and businesses in a wide variety of practice areas since 2009. More than anything I see myself as a problem solver. I believe in personal representation where clients are promptly updated at every step along the way and phone calls and emails are returned very quickly. I immerse myself in every detail of my client’s case and leave no stone unturned.
I maintain an active general practice of law that includes personal injury, civil litigation, business litigation, wrongful death, landlord tenant matters, drafting wills and powers of attorney, and traffic infractions.
My clients value my approach to practicing law as I always set honest and realistic expectations from the very beginning. Because of this approach, I have earned the trust of my clients and have a reputation for professionalism in the courts, with other lawyers, and with the public at large.
I am very skilled as a negotiator and have developed a reputation for resolving disputes in my client’s favor very early on in the process. This is most apparent with my personal injury clients who have been injured in motor vehicle accidents.
My clients have received maximum recoveries for their injuries many times without me ever having to file a lawsuit. I do a tremendous amount of work on the front end that is unique in the field of personal injury. Insurance adjusters have told me they have never seen someone work as hard as I do to obtain information and develop a case.
As a result, I have a rapport with the insurance companies that is unmatched in the legal field. This allows me to settle many cases early on for the same amount of money as if it was litigated in front of a jury.
Many of my personal injuries clients, as well as other lawyers, refer car accident victims to me for this reason. Over the years many of my personal injury victories have been published in Virginia Lawyers Weekly.
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Virginia, 2009
- U.S. Bankruptcy Court, 2010
- University of Richmond, The T.C. Williams School of Law, Richmond, Virginia
- Emory & Henry College, Emory, Virginia
Professional Associations and Memberships:
- Virginia Trial Lawyers Association, Tort Law Committee, Young Trial Lawyers Division, Membership Committee
- Henrico County Bar Association, Member
- The Bar Association of the City of Richmond, Member
- Business Networking International (B.N.I), Member, 2009 – 2016
- Business Networking International (B.N.I), Virginia Marketing Alliance Chapter, President, 2013 – Present
- Virginia State Bar Fee Dispute Resolution Program, 2017 – Present
Rate : $$$$