Kacie McRee is a primary member of Baker Donelson’s Corporate Finance & Securities Group and a secondary member of the Real Estate & Finance Group. On the corporate side, Ms. McRee has a broad range of experience, including representing clients in corporate formations, corporate mergers and acquisitions, corporate governance disputes, partnership formations and corporate dissolutions.
Ms. McRee’s experience extends to the contract side of corporate matters as well, including business entity formation, and drafting and reviewing operating agreements, bylaws, employment and independent contractor agreements, shareholder agreements, noncompetition agreements, confidentiality agreements and general business contract drafting.
On the real estate and lending side, Ms. McRee has significant experience handling real estate development transactions, including payment in lieu of tax transactions, commercial leasing and secured lending representing both borrower and lenders, alike.
She has particular experience related to environmental issues in connection with sales and acquisitions of real estate. Ms. McRee is also an active member of Baker Donelson’s Women’s’ Initiative with the goal of creating diverse client service teams and mentoring the next generation of women leaders.
- The University of Memphis, Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, J.D., 2009, cum laude
- Troy University, B.S., 2005, summa cum laude
ADMISSIONS : Tennessee, 2009
- Represented international buyer on multi-million dollar asset purchase acquisition of Tennessee-based plastic extrusion manufacturer.
- Represented financial lending institution in a loan transaction secured by tax increment financing proceeds.
- Represented lender in loan transaction secured by municipal sales tax increment financing proceeds.
- Represents and advises international telecommunications company regarding environmental issues.
- Experience related to real estate developments pursuant to the Tennessee Border Region Retail Tourism Development District.
- Represents several emerging companies with respect to a wide-range of issues including initial organization and incorporation matters, financings and sales transactions.
- Provided counsel on an initial public offering for a medical device manufacturing company.
- Drafted confidential treatment requests on behalf of business corporation for filings with the SEC.
- Represented a wholesale hardware distributor in a stock purchase deal.
- Served as local Tennessee counsel for a publicly traded company in a dissident shareholder dispute.
- Assisted various limited liability companies and partnerships in obtaining exemptions from Tennessee Franchise and Excise Tax.
Professional Honors & Activities :
- Member − Knoxville Bar Association (Corporate Counsel and Business Sections)
- Member − Tennessee Bar Association (Corporate Counsel, Business and Environmental Sections)
- Member − American Bar Association (Corporation Counsel Section)
- Member – Nucleus Knoxville
- Member – Young Professionals of Knoxville
Rate : $$$