Kaitlin Descovich is an associate in Weil’s Public Company Advisory Group and is based in New York. Ms. Descovich participates in advising U.S. public companies and foreign private issuers on securities law issues, SEC disclosure, executive compensation, governance and compliance matters, including M&A and capital markets transactions.
Ms. Descovich was previously a member of the Firm’s Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions practice and worked on a variety of public and private transactions, as well as with private equity funds, in connection with acquisitions and divestitures. Ms. Descovich has been part of the teams advising:
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. in its $600 million issuance of senior unsecured convertible notes to Silver Lake to finance AMC’s repurchase of a portion of its stock held by Dalian Wanda Group Co., AMC’s majority owner, and to pay a special dividend
- Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Avista Capital Holdings, in its pending stock-for-stock merger with Organogenesis Inc. and its proposed $924 million merger with Envigo International Holdings, Inc.
- INC Research, LLC (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan) in its $173 million initial public offering
- L’Oréal USA in its acquisition of NYX Cosmetics
- Levine Leichtman Capital Partners in its sale of Luminator Technology Group to Audax Group
- Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. (n/k/a Bausch Health Companies) in its $495 million acquisition of the worldwide rights to the cancer vaccine, Provenge, and certain other assets from Dendreon Corporation
- York Capital Management, Valinor Management and Halcyon Capital Management, principal equity owners of NextDecade, LLC, in the $1 billion reverse merger of NextDecade with SPAC Harmony Merger Corp.
Prior to joining the Firm, Ms. Descovich was a corporate public and media relations manager in the Global Strategic Media Group at Weber Shandwick. In this role Ms. Descovich managed media relations strategies for Fortune 1000 clients by designing and implementing communications plans and managing issues relating to litigation, regulation, financial and market performance, personal finance and investment products.
She also developed and executed strategic leadership transition plans and general media visibility plans for CEOs and other senior leaders and supported one of the largest U.S. initial public offerings in 2006.
- Dartmouth College (B.A., 2005)
- New York Law School (J.D., 2013)
Admissions : New York State
Rate : $$$