Kaitlin Riley Duran practices primarily in real estate, representing clients in a wide range of commercial deals—including investment fund acquisitions, loan transactions, property acquisitions and sales, corporate M&A deals, lease negotiations, and development projects. Her work has also included private client and corporate counselling.
Kaitlin excels in complex work representing clients in large, multi-state, and multi-entity transactions. She also tackles smaller deals and private client counseling with equal dedication. In both contexts, Kaitlin values organization, communication, creativity, and a hands-on work approach to keep deals moving smoothly and to keep clients satisfied.
When working with clients, Kaitlin listens first and always. She knows that hearing and understanding a client’s needs is critical to delivering exceptional results.
- Represented an Illinois developer in connection with its joint-venture acquisition and financing of a Chicago development project.
- Assisting a real estate company in its joint-venture ground lease project developing a shopping mall center on the east coast.
- Acquisitions and Sales
- Closed a 28-property acquisition for a REIT involving a loan of over $240 million.
- Assisted a real estate company in its $170 million dollar sale of a commercial office building in downtown Chicago.
- Assisted a real estate company in its $53 million dollar sale of a multi-unit Illinois apartment complex.
- Assisted a real estate company it its $32 million dollar acquisition of a commercial office building in downtown Chicago with over 45 commercial and retail tenants.
- Represented a regional manufacturing company in its sale of an office building and related property.
- Represented a stone and concrete refractory manufacturer and supplier with its lease of an industrial office and warehouse building.
- Assisted a national electronics supplier in its leasing of an industrial warehouse building.
- Represented multiple nonprofit organizations in their leases of downtown Chicago commercial office spaces.
- Represents a national food supplier with its tenant leasing and subleasing needs
- Represented an investment client in its $98 million refinancing of two apartment complexes in California.
- Assisted a lender client in its $40 million mortgage and mezzanine financing of six multi-state nursing home properties.
- Assisted a national dental office leasing business in securing $150 million and $40 million loan facilities. Regularly assist the same client with various collateral swaps and other refinancing and restructuring deals related to the facilities.
- Regularly assists investment and development company clients in securing building and construction loans for industrial properties throughout Illinois.
- Indiana University Maurer School of Law, J.D., 2014
- Fordham University, M.S., Teaching, 2011
- Indiana University, B.A., English, 2009
- American Bar Association
- Illinois Bar Association
- IU Maurer Chicago Young Alumni Committee
- Associate member of CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) Chicago
Rate : $$$$