Kaitlyn Appleby focuses her developing practice on healthcare law, particularly on regulatory and compliance matters, as well as healthcare transactions. She has experience performing regulatory and compliance research, and drafting healthcare transaction documents involving acquisitions and joint ventures.
Drawing on this experience, as well as her background in molecular cellular biology, Katy understands the complexity of healthcare regulations and is able to address the specific needs of her clients.
- Advises clients regarding federal and state healthcare fraud and abuse issues, including matters arising under the federal Anti-Kickback Statute, the Stark Law, and the Civil Money Penalty Statute.
- Assists with the structuring of transactions among healthcare providers, including asset purchase transactions, equity transactions, joint ventures, employment agreements, joint venture operating agreements, medical director agreements and management agreements.
- Coordinated with various in-house and outside counsel to compile, organize and analyze documents for discovery as part of a complex hospital governance litigation matter.
- J.D., Case Western Reserve University School of Law, 2016; cum laude; Executive Notes Editor, Health Matric: Journal of Law and Medicine; Moot Court Board
- B.S., University of Puget Sound, 2013
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Federal Circuit
- State Bar of Georgia
- American Health Law Association (AHLA)
- Stonewall Bar Association of Georgia, Inc.
Rate : $$$